When your chips are down, like really down, you ought to come up with something out-of-the-box. And thats even more true when you are in a market where customer is the King. Well right now, Samsung is in that position and is doing something out of the ordinary (if not out-of-the-box) to lure you into buying its flagship galaxy handsets.
Titled the ‘Ultimate Test Drive’, Samsung is now offering iPhone owners in the U.S., a chance to test drive its latest Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and Galaxy Note 5 handsets for virtually nothing. All you need to do (if you’re in the states), is pay one dollar to get one of those gGalaxy handsets in your hand.
And guess what ! You get to keep the device you order for a month !
Included as part of the 30-day test drive is an activated SIM card attached to a voice and data plan hosted by a user’s current carrier, whether it be AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint. Samsung will also send along a cable to help you transfer your files.
Not happy with the test-drive or the handset ? No grudges. You can simply return the handset back to Samsung without any formal procedures.
However, if you do plan to “make the switch” to a Galaxy phone, Samsung says it has “more love in store for you”. That could mean a discounted price for your new Galaxy handset or a cash back or something in exchange for your old iPhone. It still isn’t sure though, what “more love” Samsung has in store for you.
To apply for this test drive, you need to visit this a special webpage from an iPhone and an iPhone only, and apply.
While they may sound weird to a few, I think this could well turn out to be a rather game-changing marketing strategy for the struggling Korean smartphone giant. There’s absolutely no doubt in the fact that the newest Galaxy devices — Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and Galaxy Note 5 are top-notch in terms of both hardware, and overall design.
And if given a proper chance (like this 30 day ‘ultimate test drive’), one could easily be lured into switching to the Galaxy handset rather than sticking to the iPhone. It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out. Stay tuned, and let us know in the comments below if you made the switch.
Recommended for you
- Samsung Announces The ₹57,900 Priced Galaxy S6 Edge Plus In India, To Be Available Starting August 28
- New Teaser Builds More Hype For The S6 Active
- Samsung brings in new mobile marketing head aboard
- Microsoft apps to come preloaded on the new S6 as Samsung plans to do away with Touchwiz
- Samsung might come up with wireless charging in the upcoming Galaxy S6
- Samsung is reportedly bringing a ‘built from scratch’ Galaxy S6 and its twin named S6 edge
- This is the ‘unofficial’ unveiling of the new Galaxy S6
- Samsung Unveiling Its Next Flagship At ‘Unpacked 2015′ On August 13th