Sequoia-backed Online platform for pre-owned cars, CarDekho.com, has announced further business diversification, with the launch of a new platform named TrucksDekho.com for information on commercial vehicles. It is the same platform as CarDekho.com but instead of cars, it focuses on commercial vehicles.
This new portal showcases all the latest truck information and allows you to choose the best options around buying and owning a truck and other commercial vehicles. It provides information about 13 leading trucks and commercial vehicle brands, including specs and features, comparisons and reviews of more than 800 vehicles. Further brand expansion is on cards.
It is designed to attend truck-searcher’s needs and cater to every requirement they have around trucking. There are various sections built keeping different user perspectives in mind to serve them with refined truck information in engaging manner.
Along with that, it also provides information and contact details for more than 2,000 dealers of such vehicles in India as well as more than 60 truck body makers. It has segments for searching, comparing and gleaning all sorts of information, brochures and reviews. It has featured price updates, EMI calculator, event coverage, finance and dealer offers.
Commenting on this launch, Amit Jain, Founder/CEO CarDekho.com said,
It takes broad vision of an entire industry to commit to an idea. TrucksDekho is just that idea reaching execution at the right time. Commercial Vehicle industry in India has surged over the past decade and the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16%. This is our effort to be part of this growing industry by helping trucks and commercial vehicles buyers do research and make decisions about what to buy.
The commercial vehicles market of India is expected to be worth around 1.6 million units by 2016-17 – with top players like Tata Motors, followed by Mahindra and Mahindra, and Ashok Leyland.
While Commercial vehicles buying is an untapped category in India, India now has several startups which offer logistics platforms to people who need trucking solutions.
With TrucksDekho though, the company is entering into commercial vehicle division, targeting the unmapped segment of trucks and allied range of commercial vehicles. However, we’ll still hold our doubts over TrucksDekho’s target markets.
Recommended for you
- CarDekho launches TyreDekho.com To Help You Make An Informed Tyre Choice For Your Beloved Ride
- CarDekho Receives Investment From HDFC Bank
- Online used Cars platform CarDekho raises $50 Million in Series B from Sequoia, Hillhouse and others
- Ratan Tata invests undisclosed amount in used car discovery platform CarDekho
- Online Used Cars Platform CarDekho Acquires Price Comparison Site BuyingIQ
- Online Hiring Platform ZenRadius Raises Seed Funding Round
- Personalised Video Advertising Platform For Internet TV, Vidgyor Grabs $500K From AngelPrime
- The most powerful commercial satellite vendor, DigitalGlobe releases first WorldView-3 images