Grofers, one of the most popular online on-demand delivery platform, delivering anything and everything from groceries to vegetables to bakery products, has today announced that it is expanding its operations to 17 new cities.
This expansion now covere Agra, Aurangabad, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Indore, Kanpur, Kochi, Ludhiana, Mysuru, Nagpur, Nashik, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara and Visakhapatnam. With this expansion, the company is now operating in 27 cities of India.
Till now, the company has raised $45.5 million in 3 funding rounds from 2 investors, the latest of them being $35 million in Series B funding.
Grofers also talked about traction gained by its mobile apps across platforms. The app, currently available on Android and iOS, has been downloaded by over 7 lakh users. As per the company, it is processing over 25,000 orders everyday within the 10 cities. The mobile apps showcases more than 40,000 products from over 5,000 merchants.
Along with expanding to the new cities, Grofers has also added a new segment for mobiles and accessories in partnership with some of the leading electronics retailers which includes retailers such as Reliance Digital Express selling online.. Currently, it will be available only in Delhi NCR, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Dhruv Arora, the Grofers Category Manager for Electronics mentioned,
“We are trying to provide consumers the ability to buy a mobile device or related accessories and get them delivered same day in a matter of hours. We will be expanding the category to include small appliances in the near future and increase assortment for accessories and mobiles as well.”
Recommended for you
- Ola’s Hyperlocal Delivery App Ola Store Goes Live
- Jugnoo Buys Off BookMyCab To Diversify Into Cab Hailing Segment
- Online Broker Networking Platform BroEx Scoops In $1 Million From Lightspeed
- Grofers Closes $36 Million Round From Tiger Global, Sequoia And Others
- Budget Hotel Chain Zo Rooms Raises Series A Round From Tiger Global And Orios Venture Partners
- Online Hiring Platform ZenRadius Raises Seed Funding Round
- Zenify Raises Angel Funding To Organise India’s Immensely Scattered Property Rental Space
- Acting As Your Personal Stylist, Voonik App Eats Up $5 Million in Series A From Sequoia and SeedFund