And Ratan Tata carries on with his investments in tech startups — that too — at a rapid pace one could say. The latest startup to get this iconic backing is Mumbai based food-tech startup Holachef. The investment is personal, and as has been the case with Tata’s previous investments — amount rests undisclosed
Holachef is one-of-its kind food delivery service which brings together chefs and customers together on its platform, on which both amateurs and professional chefs can put their dishes on sale and customers can order them from the convenience of their homes or offices. The order can be placed using its website as well as via mobile phone app.
It offers healthy on demand meals prepared by numerous chefs in the town, chosen by customer based upon dishes and also according to the ratings to chefs provided by the previous customers. The dishes come from a variety of cuisines such as Kashmiri, Manglorean, Maharashtrian, Rajasthani, Gujarati, Continental, Mexican, American, Fusion, Desserts and Italian.
Holachef claims to process more than 1,000 orders a day, offering over 50 choices of dishes per day categorized under Snacks, Lunch and Flavours.
It was founded in 2014 by Saurabh Saxena, Anil Gelra and Ritu Rana and secured $320 K (around 2 crores) in February this year, in Seed round funding by India Quotient which has now become a known name for investing in food startups.
We are truly honored to be associated with one of India’s most dynamic business leaders and the most renowned icon of Indian entrepreneurship globally. Ratan Tata’s name and body of work is synonymous with trust and consumer focus.
Shortly after the seed round, Holachef raised another $3.1 million (20 crores) funding in Series A round held in June led by Kalaari Capital along with existing investor India Quotient. Initially providing services in Powai area of Mumbai, Holachef has now expanded its services to other areas like Bandra West and Mahalaxmi as well as has started its operations in Pune.
Now with the backing from Ratan Tata who holds valuable experience and expertise in Indian business scene, especially when it comes to setting up any business, Holachef expects to further strengthen their position in the food startup space.
Recommended for you
- Holachef Racks Up $3.1 Million From Kalaari Capital
- HolaChef, an online meeting place for Chefs and food-lovers, raises $320K seed round
- Yumist Hires Langhar Co-Founder Pankaj Sharma As CTO
- Food Talk India Grabs $500K To Become A One-Stop Marketing Solution For Food And Lifestyle Brands
- TinyOwl Plans To Launch Platform For Internet First Restaurants And Home Chefs
- Mumbai based TinyOwl raises $3 Million from Sequoia Capital and Nexus Ventures
- Delight Foods Secures Pre-Launch Funding To Deliver India’s Most Exotic Dishes To Your Doorstep
- Indian Angel Network Invests $350K in Data Compression Solution AdStringO