Ibibo Group, which consists of companies like Go Ibibo, Tradus, etc., has picked up a minority stake in Djubo, a cloud-based hotel services start-up for an undisclosed amount.
Djubo is a cloud-based hostel service providing platform which manages booking confirmations, room hold requests, room queries, online channel partners, booking engine and payment followups, among other services. It allows user to manage over 100 hotels through a single interface.
For the ease of operations, the company has collaborated with all the major online travel agents and hotel room distributors in India such as Go Ibibo, Asia Rooms, Spledia, Booking.com, Expedia, Airbnb, Last Minute, and many more.
Ashish Kashyap, CEO of Ibibo Group, said,
We are looking to solve the problems in the transportation and accommodation segments. This means looking at both the buy side and the sell side, and we feel Djubo will play a significant role in filling the existing gaps.
Ibibo was founded in 2007 by Ashish Kashyap as a social networking website. Later on, the company changed its business model and shifted towards online travel services and eCommerce. The company is majority-owned by South Africa-headquartered Naspers, which also happens to be a key early investor in Flipkart.
Naspers (in the form of GoIbibo) owns goibibo.com, a travel aggregator platform and online bus ticketing platform Redbus.in, which it acquired in 2013 for $138 million.
Recommended for you
- RoomsTonite Appoints Former AirBnB India MD Mohit Srivastava As Chief of Revenues and Partnerships
- Budget Hotel Chain Zo Rooms Raises Series A Round From Tiger Global And Orios Venture Partners
- Fin-Tech Startup IndiaLends Scores Pre-Series A To Ease Up Your Search For Low Interest Rate Loans
- Online Education Marketplace EduKart Gets $1 Million from YouWeCan Ventures, 500 Startups And Others
- ConfirmTkt, An AI-Powered Train Ticket Status Prediction App, Secures ₹75 Lakh In Seed Funding
- Edu4Share, A Startup Offering An Online Shop For Entrance Exam Prep Materials, Secures $210K In Seed Round
- Hyperlocal Services Marketplace BookMeIn Raises $370K In Angel Round
- Errand-Running Startup GetMyPeon Grabs $250K In Seed Round