MobiKwik, the online recharge portal which also has its own mobile wallet service, has updates iits Android application to version 6.4, which now accepts RuPay card. Along with that, it has also revamped app with material design, a refreshed user experience and made the app more social.
Now, the users can easily add money to their MobiKwik wallet using RuPay card, an Indian version of credit/debit card initiated by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to integrate payment system in India.
The app also allows users to share any exciting offers with their friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, etc. Users can see the status of their cash pickup request or cancel a submitted request. Users can also view their exact location on the map. Cash Pickup enables anyone to add money in the wallet without the need to have a bank account.
It also includes the ability to view due date of utility bills and also pay them on time. It has a new modern look as the company has opted for material design. It claims to have an accuracy of up to 1 paisa. The app is now available to download from Google Play Store.
MobiKwik was founded in 2009 as an online recharge portal. It provides services like mobile recharge, bill payments, purchases on e-commerce websites (and apps) and in brick-and-mortar stores, etc. It claims to have over 17 million users for its wallet service.
Founded by Upasana Taku and Bipin Singh, the company has raised close to $30 million in funding till now from investors, including Tree Line Asia, Cisco Investments, American Express, and Sequoia Capital.
Recommended for you
- MobiKwik secures $25 million in Series B round from Tree Line and others
- Mobile Payments start-up Momoe raises $1.2 Million in Seed round led by IDG Ventures
- Ola’s Hyperlocal Delivery App Ola Store Goes Live
- MobiKwik’s New ‘Cash Pickup’ Service Lets India’s Non-Internet Banking Users Go For Digital Payment
- MobiKwik Partners With WHSmith India To Allow Use Of Its Mobile Wallets For Offline Shopping
- Google is reportedly in talks to acquire Mobile Payments company Softcard
- AppVirality raises seed round to provide growth hacking tools for app developers
- Acting As Your Personal Stylist, Voonik App Eats Up $5 Million in Series A From Sequoia and SeedFund