On-demand home services market may be in tatters in the west, but not here in India, as far as the current investment trend goes on to show. Yet another on-demand home maintenance service provider Fixy, has now nabbed a seed funding round from the members of VentureNursery, India’s only angel-backed start-up accelerator program.
Fixy was founded in Mumbai by Merchant brothers – Tufayl Merchant and Nabeel Merchant. The company aims to capture a significant part of India’s scattered Home Maintenance Service market which is currently valued at a staggering Rs 10,000 crore. It was a part of VentureNursery’s Season 6 Acceleration Program conducted between March and June 2015.
The company aims to do that by instilling in service providers — plumbers, electricians, carpenters –crucial elements of customer experience such as efficiency, reliability and standardized prices. It hopes to offer reliability to city dwellers by equipping thousands in its pool of Handymen with the right tools and skills.
The home maintenance service includes: Plumbing, Electricals, Repair of white goods such as Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Microwave Ovens and other home appliances. It is currently covering localities around western line of Mumbai–Churchgate to Borivali. Fixy’s handymen services come with a 15 to 30 day warranty depending on the type of service.
To use Fixy’s services, you can log on to the company’s website or can use its mobile application. You can also reach out to them by calling their toll free number. The company allows customers to pay offline as well as online. It’s pricing starts at Rs 400.
Speaking of VentureNursery’s acceleration program, Tufayl Merchant said,
We gained tremendously from the collective experience and diverse perspectives of VentureNursery mentors and members, each a stalwart in his own field. I believe we are prepared for the real world issues of setting up and scaling a start-up.
VentureNursery member Mr Vishal Maheshwari, who is also a former Senior Director at Yahoo! India, said,
VentureNursery’s selection process is designed to identify passionate and motivated founders who are out to solve real life problems of customers. At the end of the intensive 13-week BootCamp, Fixy’s founders Tufayl and Nabeel convinced VentureNursery members of their preparedness to disrupt the Home Maintenance Services space.
Recommended for you
- Joybynature Wraps Up $1 Million Seed Round to Help You Lead A Healthy, ‘Organic’ Life
- Indian Angel Network Invests In Shopatplaces In Its Seed Round
- Personalised Video Advertising Platform For Internet TV, Vidgyor Grabs $500K From AngelPrime
- Cartisan Nabs Fresh Funding From YouWeCan To Be Your Goto Platform For Automotive Maintainence
- Social e-commerce platform Klip.in raises $500K from Venture Nursery and others
- Women-Specific Job Search Platform Sheroes Nabs ₹5 Crore In Angel Round
- Workhorse, An App Based Provider of Home-Centric Services, Raises Undisclosed Angel Round
- HandyHome Raises Funding From Bessemer Ventures And Kae Capital To Help You Book Easy Repairs For Your Gadgets