Qyk, an online portal which aggregates professional service providers for consumers, has raised $1 Million (INR 6.5 crore) in a fresh pre-series A funding round from GrowX Ventures along with the participation of Tracxn Labs, Powai Lake Ventures, and Sahil Barua.
Founded in 2014 by Sangharsh Boudhh, Anubhav Sahoo, Shobhit Singhal, and Deepak Singhal, Qyk helps you in finding quality and affordable professional service providers near you. Earlier, in March, the company raised a seed funding round of undisclosed amount from Zishaan Hayath (Powai Lake Ventures), Sahil Barua and Abhishek Goyal (Traxcn Labs).
Unlike many startups in this space, which are focused on providing blue collar services like plumbing, repairing, etc., Qyk is focused on providing professional services and lets you compare and hire quality service providers. Tell Qyk about your service requirements to receive competitive quotes from the most relevant service providers to compare.
The company claims to be getting about 300 service requests per day. Out of those requests, about 30 percent of them are converted into actual transactions. By the end of June 2016, the company is expecting to reach 5,000 transactions on a monthly basis.
Ashish Taneja, Managing Director of Growx Ventures, said,
The traditional approach to finding service providers via listings is painful and broken, and leaves both the consumer and the service provider dissatisfied. We’ve already seen this model see huge success in the USA with Thumbtack.
In the online service aggregation space, startups like Taskbob, HouseJoy, Handyhome, etc. have raised funding for rapid growth. However, none of them are of direct competition to Qyk are they are not focused on professional services, and are more towards blue-collar jobs.
Recommended for you
- Startup Research And Data Analysis Platform Tracxn Lands $10mn From Flipkart Founders
- Door To Door Home Services Startup Housejoy Gobbles Up $4 Million From Matrix Partners
- On-Demand Home Services Provider Zimmber Scoops In $2 Million In Series A From IDG And Others
- UrbanClap Gets $10 Million From SAIF And Accel Partners To Fuel Expansion
- MyCFO Secures $978K In Series A To Help Startups And SMEs Avoid An Expensive CFO Hiring
- Online recruitment platform MyNoticePeriod.com (now Hiree.com) raises $3 Million Series A round from IDG Ventures
- Local classifieds platform Sulekha.com raises $28 million in Series C round
- Online Hiring Platform ZenRadius Raises Seed Funding Round