StyleCracker, a unique online platform which literally helps you in bringing your style cravings to life, has nabbed $1 Million in a fresh round from four HNIs (High Net-Worth Individuals).
The platform, founded in 2013 by Dhimaan Shah, and former Vogue magazine employee Archana Walavalkar, acts as a personal styling platform for anyone who wishes to get styled by country’s most reputed and renowned names in the fashion industry.
All you are required to do, is simply sign up and get one of the listed celebrity stylists to help you manage your wardrobe better. And they won’t just give you tips on how to make the most of your existing outfits, but also catalogue complete looks for you based on your body type, personal style and spending preference.
Co-founder Dhimaan Shah said,
In the last two years, we have seen 1,00,000 registered users on our platform, and are targeting to have two million users in the next 12 months.
Those numbers, if you aren’t aware, are pretty impressive.
While personalised styling forms the core of StyleCracker, their revenue model is again pretty interesting and something which users would be compelled to adhere to. For example, once your chose celebrity stylist prepares your look, you’ll have to “buy that look” to dress up in that. And for those who crave for stylised outfits — clicking the buy button won’t be much of a task.
While StyleCracker’s concept is unique, they’ll still have to face competition in the broader field of curated fashion platforms. Voonik for example, comes to be as one of the earliest competitors. The platform also offers curated fashion marketplace with features such as Image search as well.
But again, StyleCracker’s concept is strikingly different and unique at the same time, as compared to rather mundane fashion marketplaces which operate under those big unicorn startup banners.
Recommended for you
- Acting As Your Personal Stylist, Voonik App Eats Up $5 Million in Series A From Sequoia and SeedFund
- Snapdeal Confirms $500 Million Round Led By Foxconn And Alibaba
- Newshunt Rebrands To Dailyhunt, Expands Domain To Shopping And Test Prep
- Ola Enters Payments, Ties Up With Oyo, Saavn To Let Users Pay Using Ola Money
- Flipkart, Snapdeal Witness Surge In Sales, GMV
- At Over $200 Million, Snapdeal’s Losses For Current Financial Year Increase Five-Fold
- Snapdeal continues acquisition run, acquires FreeCharge for undisclosed amount
- Flipkart Launches Ping, A New Feature To Socialise Your Shopping Experience