The battle to be the ‘numero-uno’ by dishing out every service that can be possibly related to food is just reaching its boiling point. The latest in line to stir up a new service (spice) into this online food services sector is TinyOwl, which has announced the launch of a platform setup solely for the food Internet startups and the home chefs.
Speaking about the new development Harshvardhan Mandad, Co-Founder of TinyOwl’s stated that the platform will be up and running by December, 2015. The company is looking provide a plethora of new age tech services to the startups who have just laid their foundations into this highly competitive online food services sector. Tiny Owl will provide aid in the form of technology services to ‘Internet first restaurants’, or the ones which are up and running on prevalent delivery models.
The deserts served with its main course services include the ability to start their own websites and mobile apps among others. The Mumbai based TinyOwl is not charging any fee for listing of services on its platform.
We’re hoping to have 500-plus Internet-first restaurants listed with us over the next six months. We want them to integrate their technology with our APIs in order to provide a friction-less experience to consumers.
Tiny Owl is also aiming at a target of 100,000 orders in over 50 cities of the country each day, by the end of this year. The platform will look to catapult Tiny Owl into a leading food service aggegrator by taking already exisitng models used by e-commerce marketplaces like Shopo.
The startup which has recieved funding of INR 120 crore from the likes of Matrix Partners India, Sequoia Capital and Nexus Venture Partners will have to come out with new strategies to counter the market leader Zomato, which recently announced a massive 14 city expansion of its online ordering service, Zomato Order.
TinyOwl which currently has over 10,000 conventional restaurants under its platform is one among the many in the food services market, which is estimated to be worth $50 billion and is projected to be growing at a rate of 15-20% annually, being spear headed by the current market leaders FoodPanda and Zomato.
Recommended for you
- Mumbai based TinyOwl raises $3 Million from Sequoia Capital and Nexus Ventures
- TinyOwl raises $15 Million in Series B round led by Matrix Partners
- [UPDATE] FoodPanda In Final Stages To Acquire Matrix-Backed TinyOwl : Report
- Zomato gets $50 million from existing investors Info Edge, but will it be enough ?
- Yumist Hires Langhar Co-Founder Pankaj Sharma As CTO
- Started As a Facebook Group For Obsessed Foodies, EatTreat raises $350K To Go Online
- Food ordering start-up Bite Club raises $500K funding round
- Food Delivery Startup Swiggy Gulps in $16.5 Million in Series B From NVP And Others