In a strategic partnership with India’s largest private wireless carrier network Airtel, Uber has announced, that riders will now be able to pay their ride fares via Airtel’s Mobile Wallet app. Additionally, starting today, riders in Mumbai will get access to free in-car wi-fi, courtesy Airtel 4G.
Interestingly, this may be uber’s effort to counter Ola’s just announced Ola Select Benefits program, under which it is providing a select group of customers with benefits like in-car wi-fi among others. However, while Ola’s benefits are meant for a ‘select’ riders, Uber is rolling out its benefits for all of its riders across India.
As a part of this strategic partnership, Airtel Money will now provide riders with another hassle-free payment option (PayTM wallet and direct card payments are already active) and make Uber the first technology platform to officially launch Airtel Money. And for a limited time, new Uber riders who top up their Airtel Money wallet can earn up to Rs. 500 for free!
Additionally, Uber will offer commuters free high-speed internet, powered by Airtel 4G (starting with Mumbai) – allowing riders to surf the Internet, during their entire ride, without any extra charge.
Airtel will also become Uber’s official telecom partner across India and support the company’s rapid growth in the country by offering mobile, data and device plans to Uber driver-partners. As part of this alliance, Uber will also offer exclusive promotions, discounts and experiences to Airtel customers – including Rs. 500 off their first ride upon using Airtel Money.
“We are thrilled to join forces with Airtel to deliver solutions that elevate the Uber experience for riders and drivers throughout India. This unique partnership is built on our shared visions and strengths of broad, reliable networks and connecting people to their world, anytime, anywhere,”said Amit Jain, President, Uber India.
As a part of this new partnership, Airtel will also become Uber’s official telecom partner across India to help in Uber’s growth across the country by offering mobile, data and device plans to Uber driver-partners. As part of this alliance, Uber will also offer exclusive promotions, discounts and experiences to Airtel customers – including Rs. 500 off their first ride upon using Airtel Money.
Recommended for you
- Uber returns to Delhi under Government’s new Radio Taxi Scheme
- Uber Brings Cash-Based Payment System To Four More Cities In India
- Free Uber rides this week in India, all you need is a Paytm wallet
- Uber Upgrades SOS Alert Feature, Will Now Send Critical Trip Info. Directly To Police Control Rooms
- Uber enters into strategic partnership with Times Internet to fuel further expansion in India
- Uber partners with iCare, looking to create 50K driver jobs for Indian women by 2020
- Uber To Commence Operations In 7 New Indian Cities Starting Tomorrow
- Uber Tests Cash Payment in Hyderabad; Other Cities to Follow Soon