Vyomo, the Yuvraj Singh-backed online mobile marketplace platform for beauty and wellness segment, has raised another $2 million in a Pre-Series A round from Rocket Internet. With fresh money coming in, Vyomo will look to expand its operations, hire new talent and increase marketing efforts.
In June of this year, the company raised its seed funding from YouWeCan Ventures, a VC firm founded by Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, along with the participation of Aprameya Radhakrishna, co-founder of the now Ola-owned TaxiForSure.
Founded by Abhinav Khare and Poonam Marwah with an aim to create a a one stop platform for beauty professionals to manage and grow their business through a smartphone, and for customers to book appointments instantly through their mobile, Vyomo is a Mobile Beauty and Wellness Platform that utilizes Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics to simplify the way beauty & wellness services are requested, offered and rendered.
The startup’s mobile app is available for Android and iOS users. It claims to have over 1500 salons and spas across Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru. Vyomo is aiming to bring more than 1 million stylists on the platform by 2017 and improve their earnings by allowing millions of customers to instantly access and book a hassle free Salon and Spa experience.
As for Rocket Internet, this will be its second major bet on Indian startups, post its Jabong spectacle. Rocket Internet owns internet related businesses across numerous segments, and this Vyomo funding could gel well with its current portfolio of fashion-based ecommerce vendors.
It’s app for businesses will provide an end to end salon management software that grows and simplifies their business by providing increased traffic, CRM, ERP, EPOS, Performance Management, Booking Management and Online Presence through Data Analytics & Artificial Intelligence.
Recommended for you
- Yuvraj Singh’s Youwecan Ventures Invests In Online Beauty And Wellness Platform Vyomo
- Online Beauty and Wellness Platform Vyomo Grabs Funding From TaxiForSure Founder Aprameya Radhakrishna
- ManageMySpa Scoops In $6 Million In Series A To Help Salons/Spas Better Their Customer Management
- The Home Salon, An On-Demand Beauty And Wellness Platform, Secures Seed Round From Venture Nursery
- Workhorse, An App Based Provider of Home-Centric Services, Raises Undisclosed Angel Round
- Online Broker Networking Platform BroEx Scoops In $1 Million From Lightspeed
- Start-up lessons to be learnt from India’s most revolutionary start-up :The Aam Aadmi Party
- Cubito, a startup which automates transportation logistics, grabs $160K from Sol Primero