Sheroes, an online platform to help women find career opportunities, has raised ₹5 crore in an angel funding round from a group of investors, including Google India’s Rajan Anandan, Paytm’s Vijay Shekhar Sharma and Flipkart’s Binny Bansal.
The funding round was led by Quintillion Media and 500 Startups. Freshdesk’s Girish Mathrubootham, Indus Khaitan of Bitzer Mobile and Krishna Mehra of Capillary Technologies have also invested in this funding round. With this new cash coming in, the company is looking to spend money to invest in its community and products.
Founded in January 2014 by Sairee Chahal, the company acts as a platform for jobs and career community for women. It focuses on career options including work from home jobs, part time jobs, partnerships, starts-ups, etc. for women. Chahal claims it to be the largest professional forum for women in the world.
You can ask your career questions and interact one on one with the top notch mentors. It connects you with businesses & women professionals and helps to discover trends and initiatives at the largest events for women at work.
The company claims to have more than 6,000 companies using its platform. Also, over half a million women are using its platform across 5,000 location. Its clients list include ClearTax, Castrol, Fidelity, Helion Venture Partners, India Quotient, Make My Trips, PayTM, etc.
Rajan Anandan, one of the investor of the company, said,
The company has a clearly articulated opportunity, and has already shown some level of traction. Ten years from now, Sheroes should have impacted the lives of 100 million women. It is globally scalable, and will go beyond India.
Recommended for you
- Cartisan Nabs Fresh Funding From YouWeCan To Be Your Goto Platform For Automotive Maintainence
- CultureAlley Secures $6.5 Million In Series A From Tiger Global And Others
- News In Shorts Nabs $20 Million In Series B From Tiger Global To Expand Team, Widen Reach
- MadRat Games Secures $1 Million From Flipkart, Snapdeal Founders
- Personalised Video Advertising Platform For Internet TV, Vidgyor Grabs $500K From AngelPrime
- Online angel funding platform LetsVenture launches LetsIgnite, aims to bridge Startup-investor gap
- Indian Angel Network Invests In Shopatplaces In Its Seed Round
- Joybynature Wraps Up $1 Million Seed Round to Help You Lead A Healthy, ‘Organic’ Life